Monday – Thursday: 8am – 5pm
Friday: 8am – 4:30pm
We are always available to assist you during regular office hours. If you have an emergency dial 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room. You may reach our providers after hours by following the prompts on our office messaging system.
Late Arrival Policy
We value your time and will make every attempt to see your child in a timely fashion. Please extend us the same courtesy and be on time for your appointment. We do ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to you appointment time to allow time for the check in process. If you are running late for your appointment, please notify our office and we will attempt to make an accommodation within our schedule. Patients who are more than 15 minutes late for their appointment time may be considered a “No Show”, for which you may be asked to reschedule the appointment and be charged a fee.
Medical Forms and Immunization Records
Request for medical records must be made in writing and contain the signature of a parent or guardian. Medical records requested for personal use will incur a charge of $15. There is not a charge to send medical records to another physician. FMLA forms will be completed for a charge of $25. School and camp physical forms are completed free of charge at the well child visit. There is a $5 fee for forms completed any time other than at the well child exam as long as the patient has had a well child visit within the past 12 months. Please allow 48 to 72 hours for the medical records request. These requests must be picked up at our office.
School / Work Excuses
We are only able to provide school and work excuses for patients and/or parents who are seen in our office. At check-out you will be provided a note excusing the day you were seen and the date deemed appropriate to return to school (or work) by the appointment provider.
Separated / Divorced Families
For families with parents separated or divorced, the parent bringing the child to the office is authorizing treatment. Therefore, that parent is responsible for the co-payment or co-insurance on the date of services. We will not call or contact the other parent to obtain payment information. Please have payment and insurance information with you when you arrive. All fees associated with the visit, including but not limited to, the co-pay of the child’s insurance plan, are due at the time services are rendered. If there is a divorce decree requiring the other parent pay a portion, or all treatment cost incurred, it is the responsibility of the authorizing parent to collect from the other parent. Children First Pediatrics of Virginia, P.C. will not make special provisions or act as a mediator in collection of payment.
No Show Policies and Procedures
The goal of Children First Pediatrics of Virginia, P.C. is to provide quality care to our patients. Missing appointments is a detriment to the patient’s health and the practice’s ability to operate in an efficient manner. Therefore, please note the following policies and procedures for “No Show” appointments are hereby effective December 29, 2022.
What is a “No Show”?
- A patient missing a scheduled appointment without, at a minimum, a twenty-four (24) hour cancellation or rescheduling notice.
- Any appointment that is scheduled on the same date of service that is not cancelled within 1-hour prior to appointment time.
- Any late arrival of 15 minutes or more and the patient is consequently unable to be seen.
What is the impact of a “No Show”?
- Missing the appointment may jeopardize the health of the patient.
- Missing the appointment denies care to other patients who need to be seen by a provider.
- Missing the appointment disrupts patient flow and affects other families.
What happens if I have too many “No Shows”?
We understand that circumstances may sometimes prevent families from being able to extend advance notice when cancelling appointments. However, we believe that these instances should be few and far between.
- After your first “No Show” appointment, you should expect a phone call or text message from our practice notifying you of the “No Show”.
- If there are two “No Shows” in a rolling 6 month period for any member of the same family, you can expect to receive a caution letter in the mail and each account will be charged a $50 no show fee. Double Header Appointments (multiple patients scheduled) will be subject to multiple no show fees.
- If there are three “No Shows” in a rolling 6 month period for any member of the same family, this may result in discharge of the family from the practice.
Families who “No Show” for double header appointments (2 or more patients scheduled at the same time) may be restricted from scheduling double headers in the future.
New patients who “No Show” for their initial visit will receive a letter explaining that the new patients who “No Show” 2 times for their initial visit will not be allowed to establish care at Children First Pediatrics of Virginia, P.C.
Children First Pediatrics of Virginia, P.C. will attempt to contact our patients by phone, email or text messages two business days prior to your scheduled appointment. ** Please remember that confirmation calls are a courtesy. It is Parent/Patient’s responsibility to keep up with your scheduled appointment date and time and notify the office in advance when there is a need to cancel or reschedule. **